Re: Deleting entries with zero in a table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111553] Re: Deleting entries with zero in a table
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:20:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> I have a table, where all the entries containing the integer "0" are
> redundant, i.e. these entries must be removed. I cannot seem to find a
> WHERE-command like the one in another system. Is there a smart way of doing
> this in Mathematica?

Well, Mathematica isn't a clone of another system, whatever that might
be, so you will unfortunatly have to learn to do things the
"Mathematica" way. From what you describe

DeleteCases[yourlist,0,Infinity]

most probably will do what you want, but I'm not sure. You could also
look at the documentation for Cases and Select or Pick which provide
similar possibilities to select parts of a list or array.

hth,

albert