Re: Frontend suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg111761] Re: Frontend suggestions
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:31:38 -0400 (EDT)

> Since the subject of possible enhancements to the FE
> is being discussed,
> I wonder if we could determine which feature would be
> most popular. I
> have two requests:
> 1)  Infinite undo!

--Even finite undo (with redo) would be great.

--A simple(r) way to change the working directory for input/output operations from the default (root) to the directory of the current notebook. The only way I know how is

   "FileName" /. NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]], {1},

Being incapable of memorizing it, I save this monstrosity in a safe vault and recycle it from notebook to notebook.