Problem with renaming Mathematica path on Mac OS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111756] Problem with renaming Mathematica path on Mac OS X
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

Am running Mathematica on Mac OS X system and I had installed it into
the folder

     /Applications/Wolfram/Mathematica 7.0.1.app

But this caused a problem with trying to do something with
LinkSnooper, so I tried to just rename it to:

    /Applications/Wolfram/Mathematica_7.0.1.app

but now I get an error during startup that says

    Mathematica was unable to open the file
    /Applications/Wolfram/Mathematica 7.0.1.app/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/
TextResources/Macintosh/UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr

So apparently there is some place in Mathematica that remembers where
the app was originally installed rather than "learn" it from wherever
it is currently running from.

Any suggestions how to fix this?? Have noticed no other problems due
to this simple change of name so far.

Thanks...

-Bob