Re: A new graphic user interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111774] Re: A new graphic user interface
  • From: "becko" <becko565 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 06:53:43 -0400 (EDT)

Personally, I just love the simplicity of Mathematica interface. Just a
blank page to write stuff. Nothing more. And all the power is right there.
Anything more would make it complicated, buggy, or not general-purpose as it
is. One thing that bothers me though is the limited undo. It turns out that
this is more tricky with Mathematica than what one might think. It has been
discussed several times before:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/a15d974954b3f0f1/29cf0215004d8d04?lnk=gst&q=undo#29cf0215004d8d04

I just hope that when WRI finally decides to to something about this undo
issue, they don't break the simplicity of the interface as it is today. If
they don't have some super slick and simple solution to this issue, I would
prefer that the undo remains as it is. As I said, the simplicity and
consistency of Mathematica is something I wouldn't risk for anything.

I also like the idea of users contributing to the documentation.
Particularly the Possible Issues sections.