Re: Hanging indent in Print[] output?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111947] Re: Hanging indent in Print[] output?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 04:17:15 -0400 (EDT)

I believe that's the normal behavior: What you see printed, with hanging
indents, is essentially the same thing you see if you directly enter the
long string with the original Print expression.

That's why, for example, when you write a func::usage message for a
function of your own, if you want to avoid the hanging indent you need
to insert explicitly new-line characters.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305