Re: How to assume that a function is positive?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114358] Re: How to assume that a function is positive?
  • From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:38:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi ADL,

There is not much to explain in this particular case. If you use Trace, you
can see that your assumption evaluates to True before simplification takes
place, and thus gives no information to Simplify - due to the UpValues you
have defined. B.t.w., using Unevaluated will not help here either.

Regards,
Leonid