Blocked scroll Bar Mathematica 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114451] Blocked scroll Bar Mathematica 8.0
  • From: leigh pascoe <leigh at evry.inserm.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 06:17:19 -0500 (EST)

I have an intermittent problem with Mathematica 8.0. After working in a window
for a short period of time, the scroll bar ceases to function. The small
arrow at the bottom disappears and clicking in the right hand column has
no effect (double clicking maximises the window). If I try to drag the
indicator bar, the size of the window changes (down makes the window
longer, up makes it shorter), but scrolling is impossible. The refresh
rate seems to be failing when I resize the window by dragging a corner
or edge, leading to staggered images. The behaviour occurs when Mathematica is
not evaluating anything (that I know about).

If I close (without saving) and reopen the window the scrollability
returns. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Windows XP Pro SP2, Dell Core2 2.16 GHz, 2 Go RAM
Mathematica 8.0 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (November 7, 2010)

LP