I look for a bi-modal distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114421] I look for a bi-modal distribution
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 06:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Dear community,

I have an experimental data list having the form of lst={{x1, y1},...}.
I make the analysis of statistics of the data. The distribution is
non-Gaussian, as can be checked by various test criteria, and
visualized by a histogram. I suspect however, that here there may be two
superimposed Gaussian distributions in which both the means and the
standard deviations are different.

Among  the Mathematica built-in distributions in I did not succeed to
find such a bi-modal distribution.  Do you know anything about such a
distribution?

Regards, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 CONTERN
Luxembourg

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

www.iee.lu

--

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended