Re: Re-virginating Manipulates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114493] Re: Re-virginating Manipulates?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 21:55:59 -0500 (EST)

In article <idd7p4$nd7$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/3/10 at 5:19 AM, siegman at stanford.edu (AES) wrote:
>
> >It's always surprised me, frankly, that Mathematica doesn't have a
> >built-in "Clean Slate" facility for its kernel that would be
> >equivalent to executing a "Quit Kernel, then Restart Kernel" command
> >(although there was a third party (?) command or utility with this
> >name in some earlier version, was there not?).  Must be somehow hard
> >to do this?
>
> The CleanSlate package is a standard package that has been
> shipping some time with Mathematica and is still present in
> version 8.

Then why am I looking at a screen which says

      Your search - CleanSlate - in Documentation Center
      did not match any documents

[Admittedly this is in 7, since I haven't loaded 8 yet; but can
something as important -- and complex -- as a true, up to date,
CleanSlate commend actually be in version 8 (in any meaningful
definition of "in"), and not have any documentation anywhere in the
Documentation Center.]