Re: paclet type documentation / cpu usage w. Help Browser

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114574] Re: paclet type documentation / cpu usage w. Help Browser
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 06:41:20 -0500 (EST)

Note that this process is vastly simplified -- and serves the purposes
for most people -- when using A WorkLife Framework (http://
scientificarts.com/worklife).

To get a sense of how it is done there take a look at the Documenting
screencast at

http://www.scientificarts.com/worklife/screencasts/

Best,

David

On Dec 7, 6:46 am, "Vivek J. Joshi" <viv... at wolfram.com> wrote:
> [...]
> messages from the .m's into the usage cells of the ref pages.
> The usage messages in the .m's should not have newlines (\n), linear
> syntax or other formatting in them. Some formatting
> is done in the creation of usage cells. Also option tables are created
> for functions with options.
>
> Using F > Utilities > Generate Function Pages create ref pages in the
> Symbols directory.

> Documentation > English > ReferencePages and click on the Symbols
> directory.
>
> Refresh (using F5 under Windows or right click and go down to Refresh
> and click) Package Explorer Pane to see Ref pages.
>
> You may now go and add material to these pages - for example: from your
> existing material.
>
> Extracting Tutorials from existing User Guides - Use button: T >
> Utilities > Extract Tutorials
>
> Make a main guide page -- DocumentationTools > G > New Guide.
>
> Enter the guide title Docstest Functions in the input field of the
> resulting dialog and click OK.
>
> Other guides may be also made in the Guides directory using
> functionality available on the G tab of DocumentationTools.
>
> Close Mathematica.
>
> Refresh the Guides directory.
>
> Double click PacletInfo.m
>
> Click on Documentation in the lower left of the upper right pane.
>
> Navigate to the main guide and click on it. Then click on Set Main
> Guide.
>
> Save PacletInfo.m
>
> Choose Project > Docstest in the Paclet Build Tools pane.
>
> Click: Run Build
>
> When the build has completed click: Create Paclet.
>
> Check $UserBaseDirectory or $BaseDirectory. Click Next. Check
> Docstest::documentation. Click Finish.
>
> Start Mathematica. Open Documentation Center. At bottom click on Add-Ons
> and Packages.
>
> Docstest is listed. Click Docstest and also the guillemet (>>).
>
> The main guide page should open.

> For additional information on DocumentationTools see the tutorials on
>
> http://reference.wolfram.com/workbench/index.jsp
>
> under Mathematica Development User Guide > Reference > Documentation
> Tools
>
> Vivek J. Joshi
> Wolfram Research
>
> On Dec 6, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Ron Burns wrote:
>
> > Dear Sir,
>
> > Thank you for your reply to my MathGroup question about creating my
>
> own paclet documentation. I watched the video but I did not catch a
> comment on upgrading i.e converting earlier packages with Help Browser
> type notebooks to the paclet system.  Is there a tool for this or is it
> a going to be a massive "cut and paste" operation?
>
> > My main interest in this "upgrading" is because the Help Browser does
>
> not seem to work properly on my system.  I posted the following (and go=
> no reply):
>
> > I am using Mathematica 7.0 on a dual processor Linux system and am
>
> seeing that if I bring up the Function Navigator - Add Ons & Packages -> =
Add Ons and then select the Help for AddOn packages from version 5.2