Re: Analytics in Version 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114633] Re: Analytics in Version 8.0
  • From: ADL <alberto.dilullo at tiscali.it>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:53:10 -0500 (EST)

On 10 Dic, 08:31, Ariel Sepulveda <sepulveda.cue... at gmail.com> wrote:
> A pre-release version of BEST Viewpoints 8 is now available for free
> as a trial version following this link:http://www.prontoanalytics.com/fdo=
wnloads.php.
> The new version is much faster in calculations, renders graphics
> faster and has been improved in the appearance of the user interface.
> Of course, it is compatible with Mathematica 8.
>
> The Hierarchical Viewpoints module is particularly useful for
> performing analyses as those done in Pivot Tables.  Besides, the
> Relational Viewpoints module performs Market Basket Analysis in a very
> efficient and simple way.  In general, the user has the interface to
> create analyses and the View/Script option provides the updated
> Mathematica script needed to replicate what's on the screen at any
> point in the analysis session.  Also, analysis sessions can be saved
> as templates for future use in datasets with the same headers.
>
> If you frequently use spreadsheets for data analysis and also use
> Mathematica you should try this free and perpetual trial version which
> will help you getting more information from your data in spreadsheet-
> like format.  Examples of the charts, plots and analyses available in
> the software include Bar Charts, Stacked Bar Charts, Pie Charts,
> Bubble Plots, BoxPlots, Pivot Tables, Statistical Control Charts
> (XBar, R, S, EWMA, C, U, P, and NP), Confidence Intervals, Hypothesis
> Testing, and Market Basket Analysis.
>
> Data can be imported from spreadsheets, Databases, and Mathematica.
> Filtering data, sorting, transforming or calculating new columns is
> also possible using the internal Spreadsheet-Like operations.  Try it
> now for free!  http://www.prontoanalytics.com/fdownloads.php

Dear Sepulveda, your product appears quite interesting.
I have a question. In my work I often add, after the first row of
column names, a second row with units (m, kg, ...) and possibly a
third row containing either a comment or the default value to be used
in case of empty cell (both can be specified in a single row, with an
appropriate syntax).
Is (or, can be made) your product compatible with this habit?
If so, can you deal with units in your processing?

Thanks

ADL