Re: Numbering a chapter starting in number n?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114660] Re: Numbering a chapter starting in number n?
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 05:41:45 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 11, 5:56 pm, Guillermo Sanchez <guillermo.sanc... at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am writting different chapters of a book in separated notebooks
> using the the style Textbook (Mathematica 8)
> The cell style for chapter is:
> Cell[TextData[CounterBox["BookChapterNumber"]], "BookChapterNumber"]
> Each chapter and their associated sections, subsections, etc start in
> number 1.
>
> How can I number each chapter starting in a specific number n?
>
> Any help?
>
> Guillermo

e.g

for chapter 2, CounterAssignments->{{"BookChapterNumber", 2}}

for chapter 5, CounterAssignments->{{"BookChapterNumber", 5}}

which you can set using the options inspector but it might be more
convenient just to add this to each title cell in a book chapter
notebook: use "show expression" and just add it.

Mike