Wolfram does not support Mathematica 8.0 on SUN OS

Hello,
please help with some information.
I heard suddenly, a week ago, that Wolfram does not support
Mathematica 8.0 for the SUN OS. For me that is a disaster. I bought
that machine just for Mathematica! To decide like this! Unbelievable.
I would like to have info:
1. does someone have Mathematica 8.0 running on UNIX: which UNIX?
2. with CUDA? Which graphic card?
I would like to ask a few questions more. But those are machine
dependent.
with friendly greetings,