Getting the code of a glyph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114703] Getting the code of a glyph
  • From: Jean-Louis Garcin <jeanlouisgarcin at free.fr>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 03:54:20 -0500 (EST)

  In the item  Filled Curve (Graphics) of the documentation center of
Mathematica, we can find the beautiful example:

  G=First[  ]

Graphics[{EdgeForm[Black],
  Table[{Hue[t/(2 =CF=80)], Rotate[g, t, {0, 0}]}, {t, 0, 2 =CF=80, =CF=80/6}]}]

 And I should want to know how to get  the code of such a glyph.  Is it
possible to get the coordinates, or is there a function which  gives
them,  of the points of the lines which draw the glyph?  For instance is
it possible to get the coordinates of the points of a glyph of the
Hoefler Text Ornaments font. I work with Mac OS 10.6.5

Thank you for you answer.
Best regards

Jean Louis Garcin