Re: Puzzled by IntegerPart
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg114710] Re: Puzzled by IntegerPart
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 06:34:45 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi, > Round and Rational have solved the problem. But I am curious, why do > the phantom decimals not show with N? > > N[100*1.15, 20] > > 115. N has no influence on the formatting but is used to convert to floating point numbers. What you want is either of these: FullForm[100*1.15] InputForm[100*1.15] hth, albert PS: Does anyone understand why NumberForm[100*1.15, 20] will be shown as 115. ? Is this really the intended behavior?