Grid segv

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114711] Grid segv
  • From: "niels.walet at manchester.ac.uk" <niels.walet at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 06:34:56 -0500 (EST)

I have a rather complex code where the frontend segfaults in the same
place in both mathematica 7 and 8 (linux, 64 bits) within the "Grid"
function:
Express[x_,n_:4]:=Grid[Partition[(ExpressDiagram[#1]&)/@x,n,n,{1,1},
{}]]
I tried to abstract the error, but can't (i.e. it seems to rely on the
full horror of the ExpressDiagram function, which generates low-level
formatted expressions).
I can definitely execute (ExpressDiagram[#1]&)/@x, and the Partition
works as well. Grid just segfaults for one specific case, and works in
most others.
Any suggestions?
Niels