Unassigned matrix name

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114713] Unassigned matrix name
  • From: SM Duarte <smdq.math at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:53:37 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,

I am trying to use Mathematica do analyse a series of data which are
organised as n matrices.
Actually each matrices is the list (t, x,y,z).
After uploading the data onto the program I need to perform several
computations that I want them to be the maximum automatised as possible.
That is to say, that I would like to have something in which the matrices
names are generated according to the data I have so that when I am reading
the x position of individual 10 at time 5 I will have the element
info1[[5,1]] of my set of matrices.

As you can imagine it turns the whole analysis more simpler and the code
very condensed.

I have done similar things in the past in which I create a variable name,
e.g., Symbol["info"<>StringJoin[ToString/@IntegerDigits[ii]]], being ii some
uploaded variable, but for matrices/arrays I have been unsuccessful so far.
I do not manage to insert the [[ , ]] anywhere.

Does anyone know how to overcome this type of free-definition?