Re: Puzzled by IntegerPart

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114741] Re: Puzzled by IntegerPart
  • From: Joseph Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:58:51 -0500 (EST)

In article <ie4mqh$94v$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com> wrote:

> [...]

I struggled with just this problem when computing divisors and results
for a 48-bit DDS (direct digital synthesis) waveform generator chip.

There was no difficulty to compute the digits, but I could not get Mathematica
to print enough digits.  In my flailing around trying various
approaches, nowhere was MachineRealPrintPrecision mentioned, a key
omission in the online documentation.

If memory serves, Tech Support didn't know of this either.

I just searched the Documentation Center for MachineRealPrintPrecision -
no hit, so this is an undocumented option.

It would seem that this option should be documented, and references in
all relevant functions and options.

Joe Gwinn