MathGroup Archive 2010

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

How can I solve semidefinite programming problems? Can any one with

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114832] How can I solve semidefinite programming problems? Can any one with
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 05:09:45 -0500 (EST)

Hello.

I am a student learning signal processing. I need my data to be calculated which needs optimization. And I am using Mathematica for programming. But till now I do not find any functions in mathematica for semidefinte programming. The problem is

min C'XC

s.t. B>=0, W>=0 ,t>=0, X'=X

where C' ,X' are the transpose of C and X, respectively. C,B,W are  matrices where B is a block matrix containing X. t is a number to be calculated. X is the unknown symmetic matrix to be found. I asked Nathan Brixius,the author of SDPMATH package which is used in Mathematica for semidefinite programming in 90's. But the link to SDPMATH package is missing (http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~brixius/sdp.html ). And after I wrote a letter to the author ,  he said the package is lost.

How can I solve semidefinite programming problems in mathematica? Are there any innard or build-in methods in mathematica? Can any one with kindness help me?

Thanks a lot.

• Prev by Date: Re: Wolfram Library Archive - kaput?
  • Next by Date: Re: Entering full names (without replacement) in the front end
  • Previous by thread: Re: Help For OpenCLFractalRender
  • Next by thread: Re: How can I solve semidefinite programming problems? Can any one with