Complete uninstall of Mathematica 6/7/8 on a Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114843] Complete uninstall of Mathematica 6/7/8 on a Mac
  • From: Loisn <lri at me.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 00:38:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone!

I promise you, I really did lots of google research before.
However I can't find any instructions as how to completely uninstall
Mathematica 6/7/8 on a mac.

Is it just deleting the app, then ~/Library/Mathematica/ and /Library/
Mathematica/
or are there other files hidden in the system.

The reason, I'm trying to reinstall Mathematica 8 is because i'm
trying to ged rid of a bug, I couldn't find anything about either.
I can't open the "System Information" Panel from Mathematica, neither
from the menu, nor from the corresponding mathematica command.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

L.