Wolfram free input shortcut is "cntrl =" What do we use for underscript now?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114987] Wolfram free input shortcut is "cntrl =" What do we use for underscript now?
  • From: sean k <seaninsocal at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:46:10 -0500 (EST)

Hello group.

Is there anyway to turn off the free input in version 8?  I just
noticed that the shortcut for entering free input query is not only "=" but
also "cntrl ="

I found out because I was trying to input a limit with underscript in text
cell.  Instead of putting blanks for underscript, mathematica put the
wolfram query thing.

The same thing happens in an input cell as well. It seems the only way to
put underscript is the use the mouse and click on the underscript button in
the palette.

It will be nice to have keyboard shortcut back. i wonder which
other keyboard shortcuts are gone in version 8?

Thanks for any insight in advance.

Sean