Best Way to Copy from Mathematica to Powerpoint?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115013] Best Way to Copy from Mathematica to Powerpoint?
  • From: RBaillie <bobbaillie at frii.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:50:54 -0500 (EST)

What is the best way to copy (a) 2-d graphs and (b) expressions
formatted with TraditionalForm[] from Mathematica into Powerpoint?

As an example of (b), consider:
TraditionalForm[HoldForm[
  Sum[MangoldtLambda[n]/n^s, {n, 1, Infinity}] = -Zeta'[s]/Zeta[s]
]]

A year ago, I made a few powerpoint slides by copying expresssions
like this as either bitmaps or  metafiles (can't remember which), but
the horizontal line on the right doesn't show up in the slide unless I
make the picture bigger.  Maybe I could make this work, but before I
get too far into this, I wondered if there's a better way.

And, for graphs, do I need to make the curve thicker than the default
so it will be easily visible in a Powerpoint display in a classroom?