Re: Can Mathematica interpolate non-uniform scatter data?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107222] Re: Can Mathematica interpolate non-uniform scatter data?
  • From: JH <jlucio at ubu.es>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:13:52 -0500 (EST)

I was a bit mistaken: Mathematica does 'global' interpolation for more
than 1 indep. vble.: with the same command as for 1 i.v.:
InterpolatingPolynomial. But this command does not work for your data,
and my implementation of Shepard gets stuck. As your grid is regular,
and the "only" problem is that you have a few holes inside, perhaps
you can repare those values fixing one of the independent variables.

   JH