Exception message from java: MathLink connection was lost.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107309] Exception message from java: MathLink connection was lost.
  • From: Andrey <andrey.siver at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:55:36 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I wrote a java program (which runs some calculation on math kernel)
with JLink interface but it crashes regularly and randomly with the
exception:
"Exception message: MathLink connection was lost.
Exception class: com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkException
Exception cause: null".

My system: winXP(prof), Mathematica 7.0.1.

I decided that the problem is with JLinkNativeLibrary.dll (which loads
during JLink load) and I recompile it for my machine (the only
warnings were the followings:
"JLinkNativeLibrary.c: In function
`Java_com_wolfram_jlink_NativeLink_getNativeWindowHandle':
JLinkNativeLibrary.c:1910: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
JLinkNativeLibrary.c: In function
`Java_com_wolfram_jlink_NativeLink_appToFront':
JLinkNativeLibrary.c:1960: warning: cast to pointer from integer of
different size
...\MINGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
warning: cannot find entry symbol _DllMainCRTStartup@12; defaulting to
6bf81000").
But problem remains.
Then I tried to recompile the JLink.jar (and after that recompile
JLinkNativeLibrary.dll again) with no success.

Did anybody meet such the problem?

Or could anybody suggest anything or help?

Regards,

-Andrey