Re: Exception message from java: MathLink connection was lost.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107360] Re: Exception message from java: MathLink connection was lost.
  • From: Andrey <andrey.siver at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 03:37:35 -0500 (EST)

Dear David Bailey,

On Feb 9, 10:48 am, David Bailey <d... at removedbailey.co.uk> wrote:
> I use J/Link a lot, and I have not encountered this problem. The most
> likely explanation, I think, is that your Java program breaks in some
> catastrophic way or loops indefinitely.

Yes, it can be so, but the same java code works ok on some others
systems (I knew two of them, one was winXP and other was Linux).

It looks like there is a problem with transition of floating-point
numbers from Mathematica to java...

I will try to transfer only strings...

> If it is feasible, I would try
> compiling your Java code with a main method and try to test it as a
> free-standing Java program. I would also re-install the DLL files from
> the Mathematica installation disk, just in case your recompilation
> introduced any further issues.

I've been working in such a way.

> David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

Thank You for the answer.