Re: GUIKit: How to set up a "tableHeader" in table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107366] Re: GUIKit: How to set up a "tableHeader" in table
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 05:16:16 -0500 (EST)

Andrey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Where could I learn how to set up a "tableHeader" in the "table"
> Widget?
>
> There is a code in the documentation:
>
> ref @ SetPropertyValue[{"myTableModel", "columnIdentifiers"},
>   {"One", "Two", "Three"}]
>
> (where ref is GUIKit`GUIObject like this:
>
> ref = GUIRun[
>   Widget["Panel", {
>     Widget["ScrollPane", {
>       "preferredSize" ->
>        Widget["Dimension", {"width" -> 200, "height" -> 110}],
>       "viewportView" -> Widget["Table", {
>          "items" -> {{"a1", "b1", "c1"}, {"a2", "b2", "c2"}},
>          PropertyValue["model", Name -> "myTableModel"]
>          }, Name -> "myTable"]
>       }]
>     }]
>   ]
>
> )
>
> But is it possible to set up the header via property set?
>
> There is property "tableHeader" for "table" Widget but it's not
> obvious how to set it up.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Andrey

The GUIKit is a very peculiar and buggy piece of software. For this
reason, I wrote the Super Widget Package - available for free from my
website. Among its many other features, it contains far more useful
documentation that GUIKit, and doesn't assume a knowledge of Java!

The SuperWidgetTable should cover your needs,

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk