Re: Rotating graphics problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107399] Re: [mg107373] Rotating graphics problem
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:16:05 -0500 (EST)

You can get better 3D dynamic response by using:

Plot3D[2 x^2 + 12 x y + 18 y^2, {x, -10, 10}, {y, -6, 6},
 SphericalRegion -> True, RotationAction -> "Clip"]

(This is just the NiceRotation option in Presentations.)

The mouse by itself rotates.
Ctrl and the mouse zooms in and out.
Shift and the mouse shifts the graphic.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: nevjernik [mailto:hajde.da at mijenjamo.planetu]

I have weird problem rotating even ordinary Plot3D output graphics.

Sometimes it behave as it should - graphics rotate as I click and drag.

But in most situations when I click an try to drag, graphics seems to
zoom itself on large rate, so only a few or none grid lines is visible.

There are no way to back to normal zoom view, except with right click
and choosing "Reset Pan/Zoom" on context menu. After that graphics
appears in normal zoom view an seem rotated.
But after another click and drag, it zoom itself again.

Same happens when "Manipulate" is used.

To avoid a question about wrong input, here it is, for example:
Plot3D[2 x^2 + 12 x y + 18 y^2, {x, -10, 10}, {y, -6, 6}]

But problem is not connected with some particular input.
Weirdness grows if I said that graphic from example above, rotate
sometimes as it should (in normal zoom view).

This happens on version 7 and 6

Thans for any suggestion

--
ne vesele mene bez vas