"changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107535] "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 03:53:00 -0500 (EST)

Hello MathGroup:

Normally if I open one of my saved notebooks in the front end, when I
make the first change to the notebook, some type of "changebit" is
set. Visually an asterisk is shown and if I close the notebook without
saving, a prompt is issued.

For some reason this behavior does not occur when I open
demonstrations from the Woflram Demonstrations site.

I assume that some option is turned on which disables this. I looked
in the Options Inspector to no avail. Some of the options which might
prove relevant (e.g. ClosingSaveDialog), do not come up in the help
documentation either.

Has anyone here come across the reason for this?

TIA.

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory