? about MatrixPlot used with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107682] ? about MatrixPlot used with ListPlot
  • From: Anne Goj <agoj at mail.uh.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
   I am trying to show a set of (x,y) points on top of a matrix plot

plotA = ListPlot[dataA, PlotJoined -> False, PlotStyle -> { PointSize[0.04]}, PlotRange -> {{1, 50000}, {1, 10}}]

plotB = MatrixPlot[dataB, DataReversed ->{True, False}]

Show[plotB,plotA]

but I am getting plotA back with no matrix plot underneath and the axis
ticks look messed up like it is trying to include plotB but the size/range is wrong.  The data ranges for the 2 plots are the same. I have fiddled with AspectRatios and other parameters but can't find a fix.
  Unfortunately, due to the large amount of data in dataB (a 50000 x 10 matrix), ListDensityPlot doesn't work as well as MatrixPlot.
 Any help with how to show both plots together would be appreciated.
-A.G.