Re: DiscreteUniformDistribution PDF isn't piecewise?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg107681] Re: DiscreteUniformDistribution PDF isn't piecewise?
- From: "richard.wesley.todd" <richard.wesley.todd at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:42 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Feb 22, 2:07 am, gekko <pfall... at gmail.com> wrote: > However, even supposing this were a deliberate decision, it appears to > be somewhat inconsistent with the equivalent definition for CDF, which > uses Piecewise. Right, it seems to me that they should act the same, even if it's not what I was expecting. > So, I would be inclined to agree with you that there is an issue there > to be resolved. Have you fwded this on to WRI? No, but I will, thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding the situation first. > It's also interesting to note that, when given numeric arguments, the > PDF function only returns non-zero values if the input is an Integer, > thus: I had not noticed that! That's surprising as well. Thank you, Richard