Transition to Wolfram Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107707] Transition to Wolfram Workbench
  • From: Hannes Kessler <HannesKessler at hushmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:18:42 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

could you give some recommendations for a smooth transition to the
workbench for packages developed in a standard mathematica notebook
environment?  Starting a completely new project in the workbench is
one thing, but at least as important is the question how to continue
to work on existing packages created previously by other means. Up to
now I wrote  code in input cells of a mathematica notebook, added
explanations in text cells, marked the input cells with package code
as initialization cells to create the .m file automatically upon
saving the notebook. I never looked into the .m files themselves.
Should one / could one import the notebook (or the .m file) to a
workbench project, or copy it to a work space directory, or work
directly on the files in the user base directory, or what else ... ?

Are there tutorials deeling with this problem?

Best regards,
Hannes Kessler