Re: How do I enter this partial differential equation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg107759] Re: How do I enter this partial differential equation?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:46:01 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Adam, no big deal. In general you enter a derivative by e.g.: D[fun[r],r] or fun'[r] Look it up in the manual. Your equation then reads: -k/D == 1/r^2 D[r^2 C'[r], r] Daniel On 25.02.2010 07:53, Adam Risi wrote: > I have been trying to enter the PDE you can see in the picture at: > > http://i50.tinypic.com/2rqmx4g.jpg > > but I have had absolutely 0 luck. I am trying to solve the eqn into the > form: f(r) = C (aka, solve it for C). Can anyone help me? > -- Daniel Huber Metrohm Ltd. Oberdorfstr. 68 CH-9100 Herisau Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907 E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com> Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>