Uninstalling/Reinstalling Mathematica 7?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106084] Uninstalling/Reinstalling Mathematica 7?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 05:33:43 -0500 (EST)

I need to repair, restore, or reinstall the default "Default" stylesheet
in my copy of Mathematica 7.0.1 on a single-user 2008-vintage MacBook
running 10.4.11.

(I apparently screwed it up big time trying to edit it.)

I have the registered and licensed master Single-User CD used for the
current installation, and am thinking the easiest approach might be just
a full uninstall and clean reinstall of the entire v7 app -- but can't
find any clear discussion of how to do this anywhere in the
documentation.

(There's discussion of installing the latest version over *earlier*
versions -- but nothing on uninstalling the current app, or installing
over the same current version already installed.)

Or could I find that stylesheet on the CD itself, and just copy it over?

Thanks for any advice.