From: alexxx.magni at gmail.com [mailto:alexxx.magni at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 05 January, 2010 07:50
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg106267] [mg106232] Re: overimpose graphics on an imported image

thank you for your help!
It works, although it needs this further refinement:

ImageCompose[i1, {Graphics[{Red,
    Rectangle[{xmin, ny - ymin}, {xmax, ny - ymax}]},
   PlotRange -> {{0, nx}, {0, ny}}], 0.5}]

if I want to be consistent with coordinates given in other Mathematica
functions
(e.g. ImageTake[i1, {ymin, ymax}, {xmin, xmax}] which I use on the
same image...)

I just would like the coordinates were less confusing in M !

alessandro