Re: ODE Stiff Systems

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:30 AM, MacDonald, Calum (MAT)
<C.A.MacDonald at gcal.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am trying to solve an ODE numerically using NDSolve but get a message
> "step size is effectively zero; singularity or stiff system suspected."
> Can anyone please suggest an otion I can use along with 'Method' to attempt to
> overcome the problem?

Of course, it's hard to advise without a specific example but, if you
type the word "stiff" into either the Mathematica 7 Documentation
Center or the online documentation center here:
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/Mathematica.html, you
will find a wealth of information on stiffness in ODEs.

Mark McClure