Re: Positions of earliest dates for each month in a list of dates
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106467] Re: Positions of earliest dates for each month in a list of dates
- From: Garapata <warsaw95826 at mypacks.net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:00:31 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I came up with this in the wee hours of the morning: Flatten[Position[ Prepend[(Most[myDates[[All, 2]]] - Rest[myDates[[All, 2]]]) /. x_ /; x != 0 -> 1, 0], 1]] Seems to work, but not so elegant as any of the the offered solutions. Thanks for all the great ideas.