Rotated text labels

Hi,
I want to add text labels on my plots and some of them need to be
rotated. Usually I do it this way, eg.

Show[
Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,10}],
Graphics[Rotate[Text[Style[" Text ",Medium,FontFamily->"Helvetica" ],
{1,0.5}],Pi/4]]
]

But as you can see, the label is distorted. This is not the case if
the aspect ratio of the plot is set to automatic:

Show[
Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,10}, AspectRatio->Automatic],
Graphics[Rotate[Text[Style[" Text ",Medium,FontFamily->"Helvetica" ],
{1,0.5}],Pi/4]]
]

But it is very rare that I can (want to) set the AspectRatio option to
Automatic in my plots.

Is there any way to get the rotated text labels that are not
distorted?

Cheers
Anna