Re: default options, OptionsPattern[], and FilterRules[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106497] Re: [mg106466] default options, OptionsPattern[], and FilterRules[]
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:51:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

don't you want to filter the Options of Plot and look what options of
myplot can be given to Plot too? And then you give to Plot either the
standart-value or your option to myplot or the value which is given in
the function-call.

Options[myplot] = {PlotRange -> {{-5, 5}, {-5, 5}}};
myplot[F_, OptionsPattern[]] :=
 Module[{opts},
  opts = Evaluate[(First@# -> OptionValue[First@#]) & /@
     FilterRules[Options[Plot], First /@ Options[myplot]]];
  Plot[F, {x, -1, 1}, Evaluate[Sequence @@ opts]]
  ]

when you know that all your options can be given to Plot, that you can
do

Clear[myplot];
Options[myplot] = {PlotRange -> {{-5, 5}, {-5, 5}},
   PlotStyle -> Red};
myplot[F_, opts___Rule] :=
 Module[{stdopts},
  stdopts =