simple nest

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg106661] simple nest
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:50:01 -0500 (EST)

Dear group:
I have a function that gets five arguments, two of which are fixed, and three vary. Its output are three numbers. So it can be nested, for example over some initial values.
Simple enough, works well.
Now I want to nest the same function, while the second non fixed argument changes at each step. I thought the "natural" way of doing this was:
but this evidently does not work.
So: in a NestWhile how do I create tests over parts of the outputs of a function?