Astrophysical Data Selection

I have a FITS image from some satellite data, and I would like to be
able to pull a rectangle around an ArrayPlot of the image to get a
subset of that image. I can do this with cursors, but I would just like
to be able to mousedown at a point, pull the rectangle and upon release
"Take" that subset of the image data. Any ideas?

Kevin