Re: Re: Function and object naming conventions

> Stephen Wolfram also followed the practice of almost always using longer
> descriptive names. ... Using longer descriptive names also reduces the
> chances of conflict with other names - WRI names or other package names.

Thanks to all for the many great replies in this thread.  Name conflicts really seem to be a common problem with several of the Mathematica archive packages that I've tried.   Sometype of naming convention practice seems important. E.g. - the last one I tried was a package on importing triple variables for plotting:

Import["ListToArray.m"]

ListToArray::shdw: ListToArrayappears in multiple contexts {ListToArray`,Global`} definitions in context 'ListToArray' may shadow or be shadowed by other definitions. -----------

For VBA and javascript, I usually just append my initials for publically exposed packages to prevent conflicts.

Thanks, Kurt