Compile and Interpolating Functions

Hello,

I have a question about Mathematica's Compile function. I'm curious to know
if there is a trick or hidden way to Compile on a function that has a list
of interpolating functions as an input, an output, or both. From what I've
seen, the datatypes must be a Real, Integer, or Boolean.

Any ways around this that will still maintain the speed benefits of a
compiled function?

Joe

PS:  I'd like to do this with a piecewise linear function too.