Re: Re: Re: looping
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106881] Re: [mg106866] Re: [mg106766] Re: [mg106704] looping
- From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:33:13 -0500 (EST)
- References: <201001210955.EAA16523@smc.vnet.net>
Actually there was no Module in version 1. (e.g. see the documentation for
> Module). Module was introduced in Version 2. Version 1 had only Block.
Yes indeed. The moment I read your reply I recalled having read about it
somewhere (Wagner's book perhaps) - also that one of the main reasons for
its appearance was that Block is a dynamic scoping construct and lots of
people were confused by the name and using it as a lexical scoping construct
instead, which of course is very error-prone.
> Andrzej Kozlowski
> (Nice tricks, by the way. I have know about some of them for a long time
> but others are new to me.)
Well, thanks. Somehow all of them came out as results of my experiments with
Mathematica, at the times when I did not have Maeder's books or other
sources of information on this topic. I actually think that I would not
have come to them had I known more about Mathematica at the time.
Prev by Date:
Can Mathematica interpolate non-uniform scatter data?
Next by Date:
Re: MatrixPlot: range of colors and plot legend?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
FindMaximum/NMaximize vs. Excel Solver
- From: glenn kuhaneck <firstname.lastname@example.org>