newbe question about Sting Comparison

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out, and not laugh to hard at my stupidity,
but, I am trying write a little program

playAGame[] := Module[
     {car},
     ans = Input["Would you like to play a game"];
     Print[ans];
     If[ans == "yes", Print["you answered yes"],
         Print["you did not answer yes"]
     ];
     If[5 == 5, Print["You suck"], Print["You Rock"]];

     ]

The first If statement does not seem to be evaluated.

Yet, if I type:
   "yes"=="yes",   I get the answer I am looking for.

It seems like the string comparison is acting different in the middle of
the If statement.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

-Thanks