Re: Export to .xlsx or .ods ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg110657] Re: Export to .xlsx or .ods ?
- From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:25:44 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Jun 30, 12:49 am, John Jowett <john.m.jow... at gmail.com> wrote: > You might try exporting to CSV and then opening that with Excel. I > haven't tried to see if there is a limit on the number of columns. > JMJ > > On Jun 29, 12:58 pm, Thomas Melehan <tpmele... at gmail.com> wrote: > > > Trying to export a file that has too many columns for .xls (but not too many for .xlsx or .ods). > > > Mathematica is not recognizing Export file format .xlsx or .ods. > > > Any help? FYI, I read somewhere that CSV has a 1024 character width limit. If the column names are especially long, you might want to shorten or skip exporting them. -RG