Is it possible to query current plot range values (or have

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110746] Is it possible to query current plot range values (or have
  • From: Leo Alekseyev <dnquark at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 03:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

Some of my plots contain vertical lines for alignment.  To make sure
the lines extend from the top to the bottom of the plot frame, I
typically give those lines large values for +y and -y coordinates.
This has an unfortunate side effect that the directive PlotRange->All
now considers my line to be a part of the plot, and rescales the plot
range to display it in its entirety.  Is there a way to (a) either
make PlotRange->All ignore this line somehow or (b) set the +y and -y
coordinates of the line to match the current plot range?..

Thanks in advance to anyone who might clarify this...
--Leo