Is it possible to query current plot range values (or have

Some of my plots contain vertical lines for alignment.  To make sure
the lines extend from the top to the bottom of the plot frame, I
typically give those lines large values for +y and -y coordinates.
This has an unfortunate side effect that the directive PlotRange->All
now considers my line to be a part of the plot, and rescales the plot
range to display it in its entirety.  Is there a way to (a) either
make PlotRange->All ignore this line somehow or (b) set the +y and -y
coordinates of the line to match the current plot range?..

Thanks in advance to anyone who might clarify this...
--Leo