Re: How to solve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110740] Re: How to solve
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 03:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

You should start using the basic syntax of Mathematica. It is case
sensitive, so you shouldn't write log, abs, and sqrt, but Log, Abs and
Sqrt.

Furthermore you should take care to separate variables and function
names with a space. So, don't write "alog" but "a Log", at least, if
you intend a multiplication.

Your FindRoot has a double bracket, whereas you should use a single
one. You seem to use brackets as parenthesis as well, but you really
should use ( and ) instead.

FindRoot only finds numerical solutions, so take care that all your
variables have numerical values.

If I were you, I'd read a couple of introductory chapters of the
included documentation before trying the real stuff.

Cheers -- Sjoerd