FittedModel object type

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110822] FittedModel object type
  • From: Vincent <sheeplane at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 03:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

Is there an easy way to get Mathematica to interpret custom code when
a FittedModel is called with a custom argument, for example if I have

modelfit = NonlinearModelFit[...]

modelfit ["EstimatedPower"]

which would then call my own code using the modelfit object to compute
something?
I know that it's trivial to achieve the same functionality just
calling the function on the variable, but I rather like the object
orientet like syntax of adding my own figures to the FittedModel
object.