Another 3D and Contour plots Rendering problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110910] Another 3D and Contour plots Rendering problem
  • From: Iván Lazaro <gaminster at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 06:19:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all!

I'm using a Kubuntu 10.04 64 bits, with an ATI video card (ATI Catalyst
propietary drivers 10.6). Everything was fine with Mathematica running on my
machine until I tried to make a Contour plot. The only thing that appeared
in my screen were a bunch of non-sense lines. I then tried to make a simple
Plot3D, but the same problem.

This is obviusly an ATI driver problem (the UXA rendering option did not
work, because that technology is Intel specific) because when I launch the
mathematica using mesa option, it does the rendering well. But using mesa is
not a solution for me: it is too slow.

Did someone have this problem, and/or a solution for it?

Thanks a lot!