Changing the default width of Exported cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110990] Changing the default width of Exported cells
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 05:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have several cells in a notebook which I would like to be able to Exportto a PDF programmatically. The cells all have tags, and I export them to a PDF by mapping the following function onto the list of tags.

saveCellToPDF[tag_] := Module[{},
  NotebookLocate[tag];
  Export[NotebookDirectory[] <> tag <> ".pdf",
   NotebookRead[EvaluationNotebook[]]]
  ]

I have two questions:

1. When the cells form an Input/Output group, I would like the exported PDF to also include the In[]  / Out[] labels. I don't see an option for this, but I'm guessing it must be possible, somehow.

2. Curiously, when the cells form an Input/Output group, the cell brackets are also included in the PDF -- but very far over to the right. I don't see an option for changing the width of the exported PDF but this, too, must be possible.

I see that there are several options in the Option Inspector that seem to be relevant =97 like "IncludeCellLabels" and "PageWidth", but I've tried setting these to other values with no difference in the output.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Jason

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/planningAndCorporatePolicy/legalandComplianceTeam/legal/disclaimer.htm