MathGroup Archive 2010

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Changing the default width of Exported cells

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110990] Changing the default width of Exported cells
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 05:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have several cells in a notebook which I would like to be able to Exportto a PDF programmatically. The cells all have tags, and I export them to a PDF by mapping the following function onto the list of tags.

saveCellToPDF[tag_] := Module[{},
  NotebookLocate[tag];
  Export[NotebookDirectory[] <> tag <> ".pdf",
   NotebookRead[EvaluationNotebook[]]]
  ]

I have two questions:

1. When the cells form an Input/Output group, I would like the exported PDF to also include the In[]  / Out[] labels. I don't see an option for this, but I'm guessing it must be possible, somehow.

2. Curiously, when the cells form an Input/Output group, the cell brackets are also included in the PDF -- but very far over to the right. I don't see an option for changing the width of the exported PDF but this, too, must be possible.

I see that there are several options in the Option Inspector that seem to be relevant =97 like "IncludeCellLabels" and "PageWidth", but I've tried setting these to other values with no difference in the output.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Jason

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method
London School of Economics and Political Science
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/planningAndCorporatePolicy/legalandComplianceTeam/legal/disclaimer.htm

• Prev by Date: Re: Select only certain sublists matching criteria
  • Next by Date: Re: Select only certain sublists matching criteria
  • Previous by thread: Re: how to display the value of w after using do?
  • Next by thread: Re: Hatched shading?